Friday, May 21, 2010

Sex and the City

The Takeaway: I totally gotta get me the lifestyle of the stallion living next to Samantha.

Format: Bluray

Yeah. I'm a dude. And I willingly watched the Sex and the City movie. Twice now. Might even see it again at some point. I'm straight by the way.

The series upon which this flick is based is really excellent. Great characters - very light and funny. So I was expecting the same formula. I didn't get it. They threw a curve ball at me - and anyone who watched the film of course - this isn't just about me. For now. Let's face it - everything really should be about me - but that's a different blog. Anyhoo, they made this a dark film. Kinda surprising actually with the completely different feel swinging in from the TV series. And it was a little jarring. Don't get me wrong, there was quite a bit of humor in it still. The girls were the girls. But the second act really went into some territory I wasn't expecting.

If you're a fan of the series - chances are you saw the film already and are eagerly awaiting the sequel, which comes out next week. For me - I am hoping the 2nd film goes back to what worked so well for 6 seasons on HBO. Enjoy, kiddies. Soft Serve Ice Cream @ 66th and Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment