Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Plan 9 From Outer Space

The Takeaway: When super duper technologically advanced aliens visit the planet earth in the 1950's, they come to us in UFOs with the stability of a weeble-wobble. And when your "almost" star dies before your shoot is finished, all you have to do is hire another actor who looks nothing like him in appearance, height, or build, and have the guy pull a cape above his face in every scene. And then not care.

Format: Netflix Instant Streaming

First Time Screening. Yes - this was my first time watching Plan 9 From Outer Space. I'll save you the suspense. It won't be the last. Far from it. This might become a weekly ritual. Aliens, graveyards, weird vampire-zombies, maybe there was a midget?, the worst narrator since cavemen grunted stories to each other, hokey mad scientist labs apparently built for a middle school musical version of Young Frankenstein, spacesuits that look like kindergarten-age halloween costumes, sincere acting through horrendously conceived dialogue, thread thin plot (if you can even really find one!) - yeah - I'm SO in! I was so inspired after watching Plan 9, that I wanted to make a movie right then and there with whatever was lying around, which kinda seems exactly how Ed Wood created his masterpiece in the first place.

That being said - I am hard at work creating the unofficial sequel - Plan 10 from Innerspace. I'm just trying to figure out how to get Dennis Quaid involved.

I order you to watch Plan 9 From Outer Space tonight. You might not get another chance - after all I hear that someone in the midwest is on the brink of creating solarmanite and it will cause a chain reaction that will forever destroy Fast Food Chains, The Internet, Annoying Girl/Boyfriends, Traffic, Cab Drivers in NYC, The Crazy Old Man Downstairs with the creepy barking dog who looks like it's as old as Yoda and scares the freaking hell out of me every time I pass by, my evil fourth grade teacher, and basically the entire universe. Wait - that might not be so bad.

Enjoy, kiddies! Not only Paris - but Paris in Fall! My highest rating!

2 comments:

  1. LOVED. IT.
    The Vampira woman is a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - everything about this movie is a trip. I'm seriously in love with it and still cannot believe I've only just now watched it.

    ReplyDelete