Tuesday, April 27, 2010

American Psycho

The Takeaway: I totally agree. Oh wait. This is a public forum? This film disgusts me!

Format: DVD

Dripping with dark humor, this is simply the most fun you're ever gonna have in a sorta slasher flick. I say "sorta" cause this is way more than your run of the mill slasher. This is biting social commentary of an indulgent, over-the-top period in our history, and also a tremendous character study, brilliantly written by Guinevere Turner, brilliantly portrayed by Christian Bale. I've seen this film countless times over the years and cannot get enough. The film spirals along its path with breakneck speed - it's as lean as its lead character. The film itself could do 1000 situps. Quotables are fired off in nearly every scene. In fact, if you are following my @flick_quotes site on Twitter, yesterday had near nonstop entries, as I tried to include every quote I could think of from the film. Sorry to those I overloaded! End of story - you just have to go out and see this film if you haven't. And if you have - you already know - so why aren't you watching it RIGHT NOW???? Enjoy, kiddies! Twilight Zone Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment