Friday, April 9, 2010

Altered States

The Takeaway: It is imperative that each and every one of us begin taking drugs immediately. And find a sensory deprivation tank to lounge in. And William Hurt loves to be naked.

Format: Netflix Instant Streaming

First Time Screening. Wow. Cool flick to start out this blog with. Some amazing creativity on display here. The visuals are stunning with images that are going to stick with me for a long, long time. This is why we make films - we take beautiful moving pictures and put them together to tell a story. I don't even think you need the volume on to enjoy the hell out of this one. Enjoy, kiddies!

3 comments:

  1. I read the review of this in TIME Magazine when it came out--I think I was 13--and asked my father to take me to see this R-rated movie. He read the review and said, NO WAY!
    It's a great movie, Jason. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This film was freaky when I saw it, oh, 15 years ago or so. I need to revisit, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth - you have to get on that. It really was freaky-cool. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete